Chapter 6 - Drawn Thread Work Stitchery / Part 2

Three more samples. In this one I wanted a very lacy effect, so I outlined squarish shapes with light zigzag machining in different shades of green and red and dotted it in spots with knots In this one I made a central ridge with tucks held alternatively down to opposite sides by green bars in satin stitch. Under the loops thus formed I weaved a variegated colour ribbon as an accent. On the far sides I machined cords with withdrawn threads and knotted them together to make a wavy pattern
And this is my final sample for this Chapter: it includes much weaving in and out and wrapping the three main bands thus formed with further sheer fabric strips and a metallic thread in dark green. This sample is very soft and fluffy at the touch

Comments

Popular Posts